Under the supervision and guidance of the Head Coach the Assistant Coach will:
• Assist in planning and implementing practices under the direction of the Head Coach. Practices will be held in the morning, Monday-Friday, from 7:30-11:30 a.m. and Tuesday-Thursday from 5:00- 6:00 p.m.
• Assist in the training of swimmers from all age groups including the developmental swimmers (our beginning swimmers).
• Assist the Head Coach in seeding the swimmers for all A meets when needed.
• Attending all A Meets (Saturday morning), B Meets (Monday nights), Relay Carnival, IM Carnival, and Divisionals. While at the meets, the coaches will be responsible for supervising the swimmers
• The assistant coach will also help oversee practice assistants during practices and at meets.
• Participate in team building through planning of and participation in a variety of fun activities including pep rallies and team activities.
• Help organize each age group to more closely match abilities and coaching needs, and best utilize the pool lanes / space available.
• Help prepare pool and deck before the start of each practice and before and after each meet.
• Be on deck before swimmers enter the water and ensure that swimmers are not left unsupervised in the water during practices or meets. Monitor swimmers in the pool and be positioned on deck or in the water to maximize safety.
• Teach swimmers in practice sessions stroke development, proper and legal race starts and finishes, pool safety and development of swimmers’ listening and learning skills
• Attend all Otter B team swim meets from before warm-ups through the completion of the meet.
• The successful candidate will have strong leadership skills and the ability to work with adults (parents, head coach, team reps & officials) and with children of all ages.
• Assistant Coaches must have an interest in fostering team spirit and fun. All coaches must come dressed to swim, and should plan to spend time in the water demonstrating appropriate technique.
• Minimum age: 17 years old.
• Current Life Guard Certification.
• Knowledge of stroke mechanics, NVSL Rules and USA swimming rules a plus